2020 Volkswagen Tiguan safety and driver assistance technology
What driver assistance features does the 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan come with? The 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan comes with an extensive range of advanced driver assistance features that can help monitor the vehicle’s surroundings and respond in an emergency. Below, we have listed eight of the best driver assistance features on the 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan along with a quick description of what they do.
Eight driver assistance technologies available on the 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan
- Blind Spot Monitor, also called Side Assist, will alert you when a vehicle is in your blind spot while you are signaling to change lanes. When equipped with Lane Assist, Active Blind Spot Monitor can counter-steer to prevent an accident.
- Light Assist, also called High Beam Control, is an available feature that helps provide better visibility while you drive at night. It can also cut off your high beams automatically when a vehicle is coming from the opposite direction, to prevent glare for them.
- Lane Assist is an available feature that makes sure you stay in your lane except when you signal to leave your lane.
- Area View, also called Overhead View Camera, is an available feature that gives you a bird’s-eye view of your vehicle when you are reversing out of a spot. This can help you with difficult maneuvers.
- Park Distance Control with Maneuver Braking is an available feature that helps you back out of a parallel parking spot by giving you audible and optical signals that indicate how much space is left between you and the vehicle ahead and behind you when parking.
- Front Assist, which is composed of Forward Collision Warning, Autonomous Emergency Braking, and Pedestrian Monitoring, is a system of features that help prevent a forward collision by monitoring the vehicle ahead.
- Rear Traffic Alert is a system that looks for traffic crossing your path when you are reversing, a great feature to have in a busy parking lot.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) is an available feature that functions like cruise control, with the added benefit of being able to adjust your vehicle’s speed to the traffic ahead of you.