Hibachi dinner is probably your kid’s favorite meal. From the delicious, tender meat drenched in the teriyaki sauce and the perfect way to sneak in a helping of veggies, it’s just downright appetizing. Although, it’s no secret it’s quite a hassle to take the family out to a restaurant, and it most definitely puts a dent in your wallet. If you are looking to get the same satisfaction in a meal for a fraction of the price, check out Dinner at the Zoo’s Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry recipe. It won’t be long before you’re adding this concoction to your weekly meal rotation!
Here’s What You’ll Need
To cook up this delectable Honey Garlic Chicken Stir, you’ll only need a couple ingredients, so head to the store to grab the following:
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil (used for different steps in the recipe)
- 1 cup of thinly sliced, peeled carrots
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 pound of skinless, boneless chicken breasts (will be cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth (water can be substituted)
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- salt and pepper (to taste)
You might also like: Create A Home Office You Will Love
Easy Step By Step Instructions
- Begin the process by heating things up! Put one teaspoon of oil in a large pan over the stove and adjust the temperature to medium heat.
- Next, it’s time to add the vegetables — broccoli and carrots. Let it cook for about 4 minutes or so, as they should be tender to touch. After, remove them from the pan and cool.
- Before cooking anything further, clean the pan with a paper towel.
- After, crank up the heat another notch, and place it on high. Add the tablespoon of oil.
- Once warm, add the cut-up chicken breast to the pan, and season them with salt and pepper. Cook them for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- After, add the garlic to the pan.
- Now, it’s time to add the carrots and broccoli back to the pan. Let them cook for about 2 minutes.
- Next, you’ll make the sauce — whisk the soy sauce, honey, and chicken broth together in a bowl. Also, in a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch and a tablespoon of cold water together.
- Add the sauce to the pan, and allow it to cook for 30 seconds. After, add the cornstarch and water mixture to the pan, and allow it to cook for 1 minute.
- Time to enjoy! Serve over rice or noodles and wait for your tastebuds to be amazed.